The former prime minister Manmohan Singh was always trolled for being quiet. He was a great economist. He had spoken his mind during plenty of subjects and concerns. Here is a list of few things that he has said and were absolutely something that had a true impact.
1) If His advice of taking care of the Indian economy and commonwealth in 1999 was not considered light-heartedly today India wouldn’t face today’s economic decline.
“Great nations like the Soviet Union have perished. They have disappeared from the surface of the earth. If the Indian polity is not well managed, I think we ought to recognize that a similar danger can overtake us too.”
2) When the demonetization drive was declared by the Modi government in 2016, Manmohan Singh had forecasted there will be a plunge in the GDP by 2 percent which was so precise.
3) After a few days of demonetization, the minister stated his view in the parliament about the people who were thinking about the long run that we are all dead in the long run.
4) Additionally, his prediction on health catastrophe in 2006. The way the government would take care of the poor is by financing more in the healthcare of the nation.
5) Even during the conflicts between various religions, he was always clear and mentioned the Unity and Secularism of the nation.
6) Dr. Manmohan Singh is among the ones who acknowledged the common issue of casteism in the nation.
7) When the safety of women was screwed after the gang rape in 2012, the minister gave voice to the country, guaranteeing justice.
8) He always followed the quote, honesty is the best policy. Soon after the Modi government said that no Chinese troops were allowed, he had called up the government and mentioned that misinformation cannot interchange diplomacy.
9) He also said that PM Modi was a better salesperson than Mr.Singh. Since the Modi government has taken better advantage of the socio-economic schemes.
10) In the previous year, when the economy of India had drastically sunk due to the pandemic and unemployment.
He had called the Modi government and spoke up about demonstrating a three-step plan that would lift up the economic retardation and the damage caused by the pandemic if implemented immediately.
11) Being a responsible member of the parliament, while India suffered heavy losses during the second wave, he wrote 5 measures that would help India fight against the pandemic.
Despite all the blames that this man never spoke, here’s proof he did.