A 16-year-old girl from Kerala died and 18 others were hospitalised on Sunday. This happened due to food poisoning after they ate Shawarma at a restaurant in Kerala’s Kasargod district. Devananda is a resident of Karivallor near Kasargod.
She got weak on Saturday and was rushed to the hospital. But her state deteriorated. And she was declared dead on Sunday morning. A case is filed against the juice shop. Which has been shut down due to investigations. District medical officials confirmed that all those who were admitted had eaten Shawarma from the same shop on the same day. Hence food poisoning from Shawarma has been firmly suspected.
There were several such cases in the past where food poisoning from Shawarma was reported in Kerala. Later, the Arabian dish lost its market for a while. But has again earned favour in the state.
Mr. Ramdas told the media,
“We are anticipating more patients and have requested doctors and staff from other nearby medical institutions to be present at the Cheruvathur PHC and Neeleswaram Taluk hospitals. We intend to treat people with mild problems there. And those with serious conditions will be shifted to the district hospital,”
What are your thoughts about this?