An 80-year-old man died in explosion of an electric scooter battery while charging. This incident took place in Nizamabad town of Telangana on Tuesday night.
B Prakash, a tailor and the owner of the electric scooter removed the battery and kept it for charging at night inside his house. While his parents Ramaswamy and Kamalamma were sleeping along with their grandson Kalyan in the living room.
Also Read: Viral: A Woman From Mizoram Went Missing But Later Found Dead In The Hotel’s Elevator Shaft
It was reported that,
“The battery exploded around 4 am on Wednesday. In the incident, kamalamma and her grandson were injured in the explosion. While Prakash and Krishnaveni have minor injuries of the flames. Soon, the injured were shifted to a local hospital. But Ramaswamy’s condition turned critical and he was taken to Hyderabad.”
The electric scooter was manufactured by Pure EV. Following the incident, Prakash filed a police complaint. He alleged that the accident occurred as proper standards were not followed by the EV battery manufacturer. Based on his complaint, the police have registered a case under Section 304-A (causing death due to rash or negligent act) of the IPC against the manufacturer.