As women, everyone gives us pieces of advice, just because we listen to them. But, in the meantime, we lose hold of reality and we lose the most important thing in life, our happiness.
Take a look at a few ideas that women were bought to mind about the same by the therapists.
1) Therapist: “You recognize you’re specifying a household abuse”
Me: Oh well, he’s never hit me!
Yet the therapist continues explaining the emotional, mental, and economic assault.
2) Therapist: “ As if you are happy or know what delights you. You’ve spent your entire life keeping others happy and never cared about yourself. You’ve worked day and night whole life you may put on a postcard( wife, great house, and profession, etc.) but it’s is not necessary for you!
Me: Are you out of your mind! I know what makes delights me and makes me feel good!
Therapists: Name any 5 things?
Me: …..This chat helped me change my ways and this has been one of the most effective statements of my life.
She was absolutely correct.
3) What keeps you angry or makes you emotional often?
That was the first time I thought about the ‘anger’ issue. I was said that I had that from my childhood, but it was my family who didn’t want to compromise with my emotional needs. I’d been manipulated my entire life thinking that those emotions were ‘extreme’ and illogical, but they were not.
4) With respect to the negative mindfulness: “the negative things that you talk about yourself….. Just think, if your best friend was sad and going through a difficult time would you tell the same things to them?
This really hit me hard
5) Who was telling this to me? Was that me or someone else?
In the very first session, I thought it was me who had negative thoughts about myself. But 15 days later I realized that it was not my voice but my mum, as it took me so long to realize that it was the people around me that had so much influence on my emotions.
This was actually very surprising!
6) Why do you misrepresent yourself every time?
I was unaware that one could gaslight oneself. Facing the trauma was not easy! Sometimes I still feel I’m overreacting over things!
7) Did you know? Telling no completes an expression!
8) Do you even realize that you are living in a controlling relationship but not going through a post-delivery depression!
Everything has changed since then!
What are your views on this advice? Have you ever come across any of these situations?