Though we lie inside the same border, this is India the land of diversities. Hence there are so many contradictions to the perception of the North Indians about South Indians. Sometimes these perceptions have been created over stereotypes.
1) Not all the South Indians are dark & dusky
South Indians are fair to dark type skins and setting these stereotypes based on skin color is a little disappointing and discriminating as well.
2)Vada, idly, dosa are not eaten together because they are three different main courses.
3) South India has four different spoken languages majorly and hence expecting a Tamilian to understand Telugu is a little too unfair.
4) Tagging Malayalis as Mallus, Telugu speaking as gulti, Tamilians as madrasi and kannada speaking as Kannadikas should be stopped. As North Indians are never tagged under the language they speak or the region they come from.
5) Not all South Indian families are conservative and reserved. Everyone is unique and has liberal and modern thoughts.
6) South Indians do not bear hatred for North Indians. Yeah, we might have a few issues and disputes. But they are all constrained to only that and not as a whole.
7) South Indian movies are equally good to Bollywood movies and few of them are even dubbed in Hindi.
8) Lungi is not our traditional attire, we have so many other outfits to wear on a day-to-day basis something like a shirt or a pant or even a t-shirt.
9) Not everyone In South India is an engineer.
It is okay to be diversified, but it never okay to be ignorant and being judgemental. In the end, not everyone is the same.